Does GrandeLASH have prostaglandin? Grande Cosmetics is a company that provides effective eyelash growth with its GrandeLASH lash serum. The GrandeLASH enhancement serum has been around since 2008 and is often ranked in the top 5 for lash serums reviews.
Many people are interested in knowing more about the active ingredients in the beauty products they are using. What’s in it and are there any side effects? When it comes to your eyes, it’s even more important to be informed due to the sensitivity around them.
So what is the chemical prostaglandin, what does it do, and does GrandeLASH enhancement serum have prostaglandin in it?
To help answer these questions and more, let’s take a closer look at prostaglandins and GrandeLASH.
What Are Prostaglandins?
Prostaglandins are natural chemicals found in our bodies that exude hormone-like qualities. They serve a multitude of purposes and are involved in numerous biological processes such as reproduction, digestion, metabolism, and immunity.
Hormones are typically produced by glands; however, prostaglandins are unique in that they naturally occur in the areas they are needed by attaching to their receptors. Prostaglandins can have both positive and negative impacts such as increasing and reducing inflammation in the body.
Prostaglandins have been found to play a role in many different bodily cycles and functions, including:
- Menstrual cycle – can cause cramping and/or contractions in the uterus
- Pregnancy – tend to be present later in pregnancy and can lead to contractions and dilation in the cervix
- Gastrointestinal – help to contract and relax the muscles in the gastrointestinal tract
- Blood Clotting – aid in the healing process to remove blood clots and also help create clotting to stop bleeding
- Pain and Inflammation – help your body respond to injury or infection with swelling, redness, and irritation
- Glaucoma – used in eye drops to assist in lowering intraocular pressure related to Glaucoma
Does GrandeLASH Have Prostaglandin?
The short answer is yes, GrandeLASH includes a prostaglandin analog (Isopropyl Cloprostenate) in its serum formula. So, what does that mean and what purpose does the prostaglandin serve?
From a lash serum perspective, prostaglandin can help extend the growth phase of a lash hair follicle. Additionally, the bulb from which the lash is derived can increase in size, resulting in thicker and darker eyelashes.
GrandeLASH Lash Enhancing Serum also includes several vitamins, extracts, and amino acids to help boost the volume and thickness of your lashes. This proprietary blend of ingredients is known for its ability to increase lash growth, including:
- L-Proline – an essential amino acid to help you achieve healthy, stronger lashes.
- Hyaluronic Acid – used to condition and protect your lashes to prevent breakages. It also helps hydrate dry, brittle, or damaged lashes.
- Botanical Extract Blend – powerful nutrient and antioxidant combination which is used to strengthen the lash follicles.
- Glycosaminoglycans – helps lock in moisture and boosts lash resilience.
- L-Arginine – naturally occurring amino acid that helps stimulate collagen production. Collagen is one of the most important proteins found in our bodies. It provides strength, elasticity, and firmness that extends to your hair and eyelashes. It’s also responsible for helping repair damaged tissue and scarring.
- Vitamin E – one of the most powerful antioxidants available today and is a great way to protect against free radical damage and promote lash health.
So what are the side effects of prostaglandin and why might some people have concerns about using a product that contains it?
Side Effects Of Prostaglandin In Lash-Enhancing Serum
Longer and thicker lashes are the goals, but what are some of the side effects of using a product that contains a prostaglandin or prostaglandin analog?
While these may vary and while most GrandLASH users report experiencing little to no side effects at all from using the product, there is a small chance of experiencing the following as a result of prostaglandin/prostaglandin analogs:
- Irritation, eye pain, redness, and swelling – this is the most common side effect related to the use of lash serums containing prostaglandin analogs.
- Darkening eye color – though extremely rare, darkening of the iris within the eye has been reported by some users. Changes to the color of the iris are typically irreversible.
- Hyperpigmentation – this is the darkening of the upper eyelid as a result of applying the eyelash serum. Luckily this is mostly reversible if you discontinue use of the product.
Like any cosmetic decision, be sure to consider the ingredients and side effects before using. With GrandeLASH, the side effects are typically rare and mild.
Likewise, GrandeLASH lash-enhancement serum remains one of the most popular serums in the beauty industry because it works so well, but it is important to point out that it does contain a prostaglandin analog as one of its ingredients.
What Happens When You Stop Using Lash Serum?
Does Grandelash Change Eye Color?
Best Serum For Growing Eyebrows